Sligo Family Hotel Breaks
Family rooms at the Sligo City Hotel are ideal for a family break in Sligo. Your family can relax in the hotel with its spacious lobby area and comfortable chairs. Family rooms are modern with comfortable interiors perfect for a family break. All rooms are non smoking and can sleep four with its double bed and two single beds. Our family rooms are spacious and come with high quality amenities such as a satellite television, tea and coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board. We also have interconnecting rooms and travel cots are available on request.
Guests can avail of our free WiFi throughout the hotel. The hotel is located in the centre of Sligo Town and is only a short walk to various activities for those enjoying a family break in Sligo. A selection of board games are available at Reception.
There is also a vending machine in our Lobby Area for families to enjoy.
Family Fun Activities in Sligo and Things to Do for Kids in Sligo
- Beaches - Visit one of Sligo’s stunning sandy beaches at Strandhill, Rosses Point, Streedagh and Mullaughmore. Make a day of it and request a packed lunch for the whole family
- Eagles Flying - Ireland's largest Bird of Prey Centre. During the highly entertaining, informative and interactive shows you can feel eagles swooping over your head or have a hawk land on your arm
- Lough Key Forest Park - A lakeside centre providing an ideal gateway for gentle leisurely activities or more energetic pursuits in the park. Tree Canopy Walk - 19th Century Servant Tunnels - Moylurg Tower - Boda Borg - Lakeside Cafe - Gift Shop - Adventure Play Kingdom - Forest & Parkland Trails - Bog Gardens - Lakeside Walks & 19th Century Bridges
- i surf Ireland - Learn to surf or improve your surfing skills. Based at the world renowned Strandhill beach, lessons include surf equipment and numbers are kept small for maximum learning opportunities
- Berties Pitch & Putt and Driving Range - The course consists of 18 holes, the longest at 70 metres and the shortest at 43 metres. All equipment is provided including clubs, balls and tees
- Island View Riding Stables - A family run horse farm specializes in beach rides in Sligo and Dongeal Bay. There are ponies and horses for everyone, big or small, beginners or advanced
- North West Adventure - Experience white water kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, hill walking and wilderness camping and team building