Why not try the Sligo City Hotel's recommendations for the top ten things to see and do during your visit to Sligo:
- Visit Lissadell House and Gardens, home of Countess Markievicz
- Take a boat tour of Lough Gill and see Parkes Castle and the Lake Isle of Innisfree
- Visit W. B. Yeat's Grave at Drumcliffe
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of Glencar Waterfall
- Relax at the Voya Seaweed Baths at Strandhill
- Climb Knocknarea or Benbulben Mountains for panoramic views of Sligo
- Take a Surfing Lesson at the renowned Strandhill Beach
- Explore Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery, one of the oldest megalithic cemeteries in the world
- Play golf at the championship courses at Rosses Point and Strandhill
- Take a horse trek along the coastline of the Wild Atlantic Way
Drumcliffe is a small picturesque village approximately 5 kms North of Sligo town on the Wild Atlantic Way route. Nestled in the foothills of Benbulben between the Dartry Mountain range and the Atlantic Ocean this quaint village is steeped in history, culture and folklore. Its breathtaking scenery and intriguing history are sure to capture your heart and mind.
Drumcliffe is mostly known for being the final resting place of the Poet and Nobel Laureate William Butler Yeats, but Drumcliffe also hosts the remains of a 6th Century Monastic Settlement, several National Monuments, amazing trout and salmon fishing, riverside walks, art galleries, cafes and restaurants. There are also several types of accommodation in the locality so why not visit and explore, for an hour or more, the beauty of this amazing village.
Wild Atlantic Crusades
Wild Atlantic Crusades is a unique company specialising in the ultimate outdoor experience, 4x4 Blindfold Off-Roading located in Kinlough, Co. Leitrim along the beautiful Wild Atlantic Way in the North-West of Ireland.
Blind Driving is without doubt the most fun you can have at slow speed!